The Daytona International Speedway is located in Daytona Beach.
Many events bring people to Daytona Beach, including:
- The Rolex 24 race for sports cars, NASCAR's DAytona 500 and other "speedweeks"
- Usually referred to as the Firecracker 400 or the Pepsi 400, NASCAR's Coke Zero 400 occurs near the 4th of July
- Bike Week in Daytona features 200 motorcycle races, a biker get-together, and bike exhibits, and it occurs in March
- Another motorcycle event called Biketoberfest happens in October.
- Throughout Thanksgiving weekend, there is a Turkey Run car exhibit, which is often known as the Turkey Rod Run.
Throughout March, many schools are on spring break and students choose Daytona for their vacation.