Our Commitment to Your Safety
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We have enhanced our already high standards for cleanliness and hygiene to ensure you feel safe. Here are some of the disinfecting steps and protocol we are taking to give you peace of mind:
Public Space & General Areas:
- Following the city of Daytona Beach mandates and for the safety of our guests and team members, you are required to wear a mask in all public spaces of the resort as well as in all public establishments and at any time when social distancing is not possible. For more information on these safety requirements, please visit: Codb.us/coronavirus
- Contactless check-in: Guests can check in, choose their room, access their room with a digital room key and check-out using their mobile devices through the Hilton Honors mobile app.
- Floor mounted makers installed to queue distance and physical distancing reminders throughout the hotel, lobby, food & beverage outlets and elevators
- Signage on stands near desk, in lobby and exits with beach rules & regulations
- Pool signage up and pool capacity decreased, with groups of chairs set up with proper distancing
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, have been placed in the lobby, near elevators, food & beverage outlets and other public areas
- Increased frequency of cleaning public areas including wiping down flat surfaces, railings, door handles, pin pads, etc.
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipe stations at primary entrances and key high-traffic areas
- Focus on fitness centers: Improved guidelines for disinfecting the hotel fitness center, possibly closing for cleaning multiple times daily and limiting the number of guests allowed in at one time
- Increasing the frequency of air filter and HVAC cleaning to maximize fresh air exchange
- Hotel team members will be provided with personal protective equipment and enhanced training designed to protect their well-being throughout the new cleaning process
- Signage posted throughout the property reminding employees of the proper way to wear, handle, and dispose of PPE, wash hands and to avoid touching their faces
- Employee screening and self-disclosure requests if not feeling well or have a fever before clocking in
- Enhancing cleaning and sanitizing high traffic Team Member areas and equipment such as employee dining rooms, entrances, restrooms, loading docks, offices, security scanning podiums, phones, radios, payment terminals, tools, etc.
- Minimization of daily guest room cleaning for guests staying multiple nights however, fresh linens and supplies are available daily upon request
- Removal of all loose guest room amenity items i.e. directory, pens, paper and glasses (replaced with sealed plastic)
- Discarding the soap and shampoo amenities on check-out status
- Using hospital grade disinfectant mist in all guestrooms
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seal: Added an extra measure of assurance by placing a room seal on doors to indicate to guests that their room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned. Read more about Hilton CleanStay here.
- 10 high-touch, deep clean areas: Extra disinfection of the most frequently touched guestroom areas, including light switches, door handles, TV remotes and thermostats
- Increasing the frequency of air filter and HVAC cleaning with disinfecting mist to maximize fresh air exchange.
- Designated attendants wiping down all tables, chairs, surfaces with disinfectant after each use
- Dining room seating set up to honor the 6-foot distance rule and occupancy levels monitored to ensure state mandates are being met
- Smaller single-use menus being utilized in all outlets
- Eliminated buffet offerings
- Utilizing additional outdoor areas to help with physical distancing
- Floor mounted queues installed to distance guests entering dining outlets and physical distancing reminders posted throughout the food & beverage establishments
- Replacement of table amenities such as salt, pepper or condiment bottles with single use items
- Food and Beverage staff utilizing personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves
Meetings & Convention Space: We believe in the power of meetings, and have implemented several new protocols to ensure all activities are within the Hilton EventReady, CDC, WHO and federal government guidelines for health and safety. Although these guidelines will continue to evolve, interim changes include the following:
- Meeting Room Set Ups & Services:
- Hilton CleanStay Meeting Room Seal: Added an extra measure of assurance by placing a room seal on doors to indicate to guests that their room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned
- 10 high-touch, deep clean areas identified in Hilton EventReady: Extra disinfection of the most frequently touched meeting room areas, including light switches, door pulls, tables and chairs
- Seating capacities and floor plans are reviewed on an event-by-event basis at this time. This will ensure compliance with physical distancing recommendations from the state, CDC, as well as Volusia County
- The addition of transparent barriers will be in use where appropriate to provide proper physical distancing in guest-contact areas. We encourage these barriers be incorporated into booth design by all exhibitors and other service elements such as conference registration and general service desks
- New third-party vendor and contractor guidelines will require new protocols and procedures to be followed
- Site inspections will be conducted in compliance with the newly established protocols
- Virtual site tours are now available to guests and meeting planners
- Banquet & Catering Services:
- Banquet service standards have been revised, including operational & sanitation procedures for items such as linen and silverware
- All food will be served individually plated
- Beverages and snack items will be provided by an attendant
- Buffets and self-serve style service has been temporarily suspended, new menus have been formed to accommodate this change
- Additional hand-washing stations will be deployed near each F&B station attendant and as appropriate throughout meeting rooms
- Meeting Room Set Ups & Services:
- To read more about our Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort operations regarding safety and sanitation protocol in detail, please review this fact sheet.
- For more information regarding reservations, cancellations and extended Hilton Honors points, please visit the Hilton Hotels & Resorts dedicated COVID-19 page.